>AF did arrive yesterday afternoon, and I didn’t have time to call the dr. until 4:45. I would say that realistically, the chances of me starting injections this month are slim. It’s already CD2, and Monday will be CD5. Since that’s a holiday, I would need to get my medication tomorrow (since UPS and FedEx won’t deliver on Sunday and holidays). I called the dr. yesterday, but a nurse has to call me back. I don’t know where I am going to get the medication from yet, because I don’t know what it is they want me to take. If the company that’s affiliated with my prescription plan covers it, I would get it from there. If not, though, there are probably cheaper places I could get it from. So everything is sort of on hold, until I hear from the dr’s office. Even when I do, I’ll have to call my prescription plan, and at a minimum, find out what I need to do to place an order. Then, I’ll have to call the dr’s office back with instructions. If the plan doesn’t cover the medication, I’ll have to make more calls. Either way, to have the medication arrive tomorrow, I think this would already all have to be in place today. I think we are probably out of luck this month, and honestly, I don’t know if next month will be any better. Between a work and life, making all these phone calls and getting medications to arrive on time is a royal pain.

So, unless things magically fall into place, I think we are taking a break again this cycle.

I’m torn about what to do, honestly. Part of me still has reservations about taking medication for something that hasn’t been identified. I ovulate on my own and have regular cycles, so I do wonder why I’m even going to take these medications. I’ve considered asking for a referral to an RE, but I don’t know if that will solve anything, either. I saw an RE in my previous marriage, and while he did do a few more tests, the results of my tests were all fine. Other than that, we did Clomid and IUIs, and then would have moved on to injections and IUIs. I could give the RE here a try and see what she says, but I’m just not horribly optimistic about it. A friend of mine saw her a few years ago, and they also had unexplained IF. She did 4-6 months of Clomid, some with IUI, and then moved on to injections & IUI. Nothing worked, and they never got any closer to an answer.

I don’t want to give up, but I’m at a little bit of a loss. I just don’t know if this route is for me, but I feel like I have to do something. I have been looking for an acupuncturist, but I was having a hard time selecting someone. I saw yesterday that an acupuncturist in town is giving a talk at the local community college in March. I don’t really want to wait that long, but I am thinking that she must be ok if they invited her to speak. So, I’m thinking about giving them a call. I’m starting to wonder if that’s the direction I should go, at least for now. Maybe this is all a sign that I should be doing something else.

Advertisements