I have a ton of work to get through today, but I wanted to post a quick update.

Lupron on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning went fine. I don’t feel like I had any bothersome side effects, although I did feel sort of lethargic and just a little out of it all weekend. I don’t know if that was the lupron, though, or a lack of good-quality sleep. I was paranoid about oversleeping and missing my 7 am lupron shot, since the nurse made a really big deal of taking it at exactly the same time and exactly 12 hours apart every day. I don’t know if that was the cause, but I had a few restless night of sleep. It could have been that or the lupron that was making me feel a little loopy.

I planned to go for a big run on Saturday or Sunday, but on Saturday, it was pouring rain and stormy, and on Sunday, it was really windy – 30 mph winds. I hate running in the wind, but I hoped maybe it would die down later in the day. I still had the lethargic feeling, but I helped my husband expand our patio and doubled it in size to 10 x 10! It was a ton of work, and I definitely felt like I hit my exercise limit for the day. I was bummed to miss my long run, but happy to have the patio finished! I don’t know how much I’ll be able to help next weekend, so I’m glad we did it.

After an exhausting day of digging, spreading sand, and hauling around pavers, I got my shots – lupron, menopur, and follistim. Something weird happened when M gave me the lupron, and it stung! Not sure what the deal is, because it happened again this morning. The pain doesn’t last, but I wish we could figure out what he’s doing differently. It’s not a huge deal, but knowing it hurt less before makes me want to figure it out! Mixing the menopur and assembling my follistim pen had me kind of nervous, but it went ok. I was SO glad M was with me when I met the nurse to go over everything. I couldn’t remember what to do with the Follistim pen at all, but he did. Four shots in one day was a little overwhelming, but it was all ok.

I feel fine today, aside from the backache from moving pavers. Medication-wise, I totally could have gone for a long run this morning, but because of the patio work, a run just wasn’t in the cards. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow. I have yoga tomorrow, and don’t want to miss that, and I’m not sure if I should do yoga and running all in the same day. I normally would have, but I’m trying to take it somewhat easy. So, we’ll see. My running days may be on hold, but I might be able to get another one or two easy runs in.

In the meantime, I’m just willing my ovaries to do their best!