I saw the on-call dr. yesterday for my monitoring appointment. He said I progressed from the last appt., so I am taking that as good news. I had 13 follicles, but I’m doubtful they’ll all get big enough. I didn’t like the on-call dr. (who I think is actually the head of the practice) as much as my usual doctor, but he was a bit more informative and had the nurse give me a piece of paper with my follicle measurements:

L: 15, 14, 13, 10, 9, 8, 6
R: 12, 11, 11, 11, 9, 7

My lining is at 9.4 and my estrogen is 1200-something.

I am still on the same amount of medication (300 follistim, 150 menopur, 10 units of lupron twice a day, and a steroid at night) until I see my doctor tomorrow morning. The on-call doctor thought the ER could be on Friday, and my dr. had previously thought Thursday, so my guess is that it will be by the end of the week. I suppose it could stretch into Saturday, but I wouldn’t expect it to go past that.

I doubt the 6 and 7 will catch up, and I know the 8’s and 9’s could go either way. It would be awesome if they were mature enough at the retrieval, though. Hopefully, too, the quality is there – it’s so hard to know. I’m really stunned by my left ovary – the one that was covered by the endometrioma. It’s like it’s making up for lost time!

I’m feeling mostly ok. I get tired in the afternoons, and my stomach is really sticking out. I usually have to unbutton my pants if I’m seated for any length of time. Hotness, I’m telling you! I get twinges in my ovaries every now and then, but it’s not constant. I’ve gotten a few minor headaches, but overall, I really feel pretty good. My stomach is getting sore from the shots, and I’m looking forward to those coming to an end, but even that is tolerable. I haven’t been running, and at this point, I don’t feel up to it. I’m hoping to go for a walk this afternoon.

The biggest side effect, for me so far (aside from the big tummy), is that I’m just really spacey. My memory has been lousy, and I can’t remember if I did simple things, like take my vitamins. I lose my train of thought a lot, too. It’s really odd! I can’t say it’s all that much of an issue (I can still get my job done), but the later it gets in the day, the worse it is.

So, things are moving along, and hopefully the ER will be at the end of the week. I’m so relieved that things are going well so far, but the looming ER is making me a little nervous – about the number of eggs, their quality, their ability to fertilize, the embryo development, and implantation. It feels like we’ve come so far in the cycle, but there’s so much that still has to happen. I keep reminding myself that I’m doing everything I can, and that a certain amount is just beyond my control. We’ve been trying to have a baby for four years, and it’s been a long time since there was much "trying " involved. We just assumed it wouldn’t happen. It’s an adjustment, now, to feel like it could actually happen – that this could really work out, and that we could have a baby. At the same time, I can’t get my hopes up too high, because it might not work. I feel like I’m just holding my breath – for each appointment, and for each stage of the cycle – waiting to see how it’s going to end. Either way though, I know this is the best chance we’ve ever had.